Conte aos seus amigos sobre este item:
NOW - Yearbook 1978
O que dizem nossos clientes:
Também disponível como:
NOW - Yearbook 1978
NOW Music is proud to present the next instalment in our ongoing 'Yearbook' series, NOW - Yearbook 1978; 85 tracks from a magical year in Pop!
Opening with the epic 'Mr. Blue Sky' from Electric Light Orchestra, the timeless 'Baker Street' from Gerry Rafferty, and Rod Stewart's massive #1 'Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?' More #1s follow from ABBA with the brilliant Pop of 'Take A Chance On Me' and 1978's biggest selling single, 'Rivers Of Babylon' from Boney M. Pop-Reggae chart-toppers from 10cc and Althea & Donna are up next, before a run of dancefloor fillers including 'I'm Every Woman' from Chaka Khan, and Donna Summer's incredible version of 'Macarthur Park', before a couple of Soul ballads from Rose Royce and the huge #1 'Three Times A Lady' from Commodores. The first disc draws to a close with a stack of Pop classics from Marshall Hain, Clout, Bonnie Tyler and Suzi Quatro and Wings, before the peerless 'The Man With The Child In His Eyes' from Kate Bush.
The second disc pays tribute to the incredible line-up of artists in the charts of 1978 with their roots in Punk and beginning the burgeoning New Wave movement , kicking off here with the stunning #1 'Rat Trap' from The Boomtown Rats, the era-defining 'Teenage Kicks' from The Undertones, 'Ever Fallen In Love' from Buzzcocks, and 'Hanging On The Telephone' from Blondie, alongside classic singles from Siouxsie And The Banshees, The Rezillos, The Clash, The Jam, Elvis Costello & The Attractions, and Ian Dury & The Blockheads and US New Wave saw Patti Smith and The Cars score huge hits. The remainder of Disc 2 features some of the year's biggest Pop-Rock songs including hits from Billy Joel, The Who, Elton John, and Justin Hayward's 'Forever Autumn' from the massive 'Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds' album.
Disc 3 is a fabulous celebration of Disco in 1978. A stunning run of Disco gold, led by the sophisticated groove of 'Le Freak' from Chic, alongside 'Boogie Oogie Oogie', 'Instant Replay', 'Let's All Chant' and 'More Than A Woman' by Tavares from the soundtrack of 'Saturday Night Fever'. European created Pop/Disco from Baccara, Sheila & B Devotion, The Three Degrees, Eruption, and Voyage are included before a group of floor-fillers paying tribute to the sci-fi craze of the time: 'I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper', 'Galaxy Of Love', and 'Automatic Lover'. More Dance-oriented hits from Hot Chocolate and Earth, Wind & Fire feature, before the disc closes with two of the year's most beautiful ballads from Heatwave and the timeless 'Love Don't Live Here Anymore' from Rose Royce.
The final disc is all about the Pop smashes of the year - opening with 'Denis' the chart breakthrough from Blondie, and two huge hits from the soundtrack to 'Grease' from Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta. Darts paid tribute to 50s doo-wop, and Bill Withers and John Paul Young produced two of the most uplifting songs ever ('Lovely Day' and 'Love Is In The Air'). Unique hits from Renaissance, Scott Fitzgerald & Yvonne Keeley, and Barry Manilow are followed by a run of Pop gems from Dollar, Andrew Gold, Boney M., a #1 from Brotherhood Of Man, and the year's UK Eurovision entry from Co-co, before a sublime run of Easy Listening Pop including 'Lucky Stars' from Dean Friedman w/ Denise Marsa, The Manhattan Transfer, Crystal Gayle, David Soul and Elkie Brooks. This incredible collection draws to a close with 'Oh What A Circus' a massive hit for David Essex, Brian & Michael's #1 'Matchstalk Men And Matchstalk Cats And Dogs', and what better way to sign-off such a diverse year in the charts than with 1978's best-selling #2 peaking single - Father Abraham with the 'Smurf Song'.
NOW - Yearbook 1978 - A celebration of the diversity and wonderful creativity of the year in Pop.
- Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky
- Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
- Rod Stewart - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy??
- Abba - Take a Chance on Me
- Boney M. - Rivers of Babylon
- 10cc - Dreadlock Holiday
- Althea & Donna - Uptown Top Ranking
- Donna Summer - Macarthur Park
- Chaka Khan - I'm Every Woman?
- Yvonne Elliman - if I Can't Have You
- Chic - Everybody Dance?
- Odyssey - Native New Yorker
- Rose Royce - Wishing on a Star
- Commodores - Three Times a Lady
- Marshall Hain - Dancing in the City?
- Clout - Substitute
- Bonnie Tyler - It's a Heartache
- Suzi Quatro - if You Can't Give Me Love
- Wings - with a Little Luck
- Kate Bush?- the Man with the Child in His Eyes
- The Boomtown Rats - Rat Trap
- The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
- Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't'
- Siouxsie and the Banshees - Hong Kong Garden
- The Rezillos - Top of the Pops
- Blondie - Hanging on the Telephone
- Elvis Costello & the Attractions - (I Don't Want
- The Clash - (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais
- The Jam - Down in the Tube Station at Midnight
- Ian Dury & the Blockheads - What a Waste??
- Patti Smith - Because the Night
- The Cars - My Best Friend's Girl
- The Motors - Airport
- City Boy - 220.127.116.11.
- Sweet - Love is Like Oxygen
- Elton John - Part-time Love
- Billy Joel - Movin' out (Anthony's Song)
- The Who - Who Are You
- Foreigner - Cold As Ice?
- Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good?
- Blue Vyster Cult - (Don't Fear) the Reaper
- Justin Hayward - Forever Autumn
- Chic - Le Freak
- A Taste of Honey - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Tavares - More Than a Woman
- Alicia Bridges - I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'ro
- Dan Hartman - Instant Replay
- Michael Zager Band - Let's All Chant?
- Raffaella Carr` - Do It Do It Again (A Far L'amo
- Baccara - Sorry, I'm a Lady
- Sheila & B Devotion - Singin' in the Rain
- Voyage - from East to West
- Donna Summer - I Love You
- The Three Degrees - Givin' Up Givin' in
- Eruption - I Can't Stand the Rain
- Dee D. Jackson - Automatic Lover
- Sarah Brightman & Hot Gossip - I Lost My Heart to a
- Crown Heights Affair - Galaxy of Love"
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - Come Back and Finish Wha
- Hot Chocolate - Every 1's a Winner
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Fantasy
- Heatwave - Always and Forever ?
- Rose Royce - Love Don't Live Here Anymore?
- Blondie - Denis
- Olivia Newton-john - Hopelessly Devoted to You
- John Travolta - Sandy
- Darts - the Boy from New York City
- Bill Withers - Lovely Day
- John Paul Young - Love is in the Air
- Barry Manilow - Copacabana
- Renaissance - Northern Lights
- Scott Fitzgerald & Yvonne Keeley - if I Had Words
- Boney M. - Brown Girl in the Ring
- Brotherhood of Man - Figaro
- Co-co - Bad Old Days
- Dollar - Shooting Star
- Andrew Gold - Never Let Her Slip Away
- Dean Friedman W/ Denise Marsa - Lucky Stars
- The Manhattan Transfer - Walk in Love?
- David Soul - Let's Have a Quiet Night in
- Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- Elkie Brooks - Don't Cry out Loud
- David Essex - Oh What a Circus
- Brian & Michael - Matchstalk men and Matchstalk Cats and Dog
- Father Abraham - Smurf Song